Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Itsy Bitsy Spider, Poisonous Sun Rays, and a New Painting :)

Can you get any more RANDOM than that post title?!?!

Last night (Wednesday) our house church met at our house. Jason and Candy being out of town, we decided we needed some PLAY time! :) We prayed for a few minutes after dinner, and then ended up breaking out the Pictionary game, splitting up into teams, and having a blast. Then we played a couple of rounds of "Telephone" - the old game where you whisper something into each other's ear, it goes all the way around the circle, and then the phrase ends up completely different from when it started. And THEN, Summer suggested a different version of Telephone, one in which you start by writing a phrase on a piece of paper, then the next person reads that phrase and has to illustrate it, and then the NEXT person looks at that picture (not at the original phrase) and has to guess what the first phrase was....and on it goes until your original phrase (and all the pictures and phrases following yours) have made it back to you. Hopefully this is making sense....because I want to show you something that I think is hilarious! :) This was my original phrase - - "The itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout." Following is the morphing "journey" my phrase went on before it was returned to me! :) I laughed so hard I cried! Ha!
(You've definitely gotta click on these pics in order to get the full
benefit of the HILARITY of it all!)


I also wanted to share with you really quickly a "work in progress" shot of the painting I'm working on for Hayleigh for her birthday. I spent a couple more hours on it tonight and it's almost done. This picture was from earlier this morning. I will post a pic of the final product maybe sometime tomorrow.


I am super excited to be beginning work in the next few days on 3 custom Etsy orders - 2 custom collages, and one painting for a baby girl's nursery. Yay! This stuff is so much fun. The Facebook fan page giveaway is progressing wonderfully, and Unforced Rhythms (see fan box to the right) is quickly closing in on 100 fans....Hmmm....what should we do when we hit that mark? Any ideas?

Hey, quick sidenote: we might get SNOW next week, I hear!! Woohoo! :) Hope you are all well!! Blessings!!
~D~

1 comment:

Megs said...

That is really funny! :) maybe we could play that next time we are there! :) Love you! :)