Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 19, 2010

A Feeble Attempt at a Comprehensive List....

...of Tali's vocabulary. It seems like she knows more words than I can count.... But I want to try to capture it here as much as I can... just so I don't forget. :)

I'll try to start with individual words - words that she says just by themselves - and then move on to phrases.

Mommy (finally!! :) )
Da-da
Hi
Eat
Banana ("nana")
Grapes ("Gpsss")
Water
Hungry
Hair
Bear
Brush
Book
Giraffe ("Raff")
Elephant ("Eh-phant")
Boz (her favorite little show)
Elmo (her other favorite show)
Flower
Butterfly ("Uh-fly")
Caterpillar ("Ap-a-gar or Ca-par")
Puppy
Dog
Ball
Shoe
Sock
Up
Down
Bottom (because we say "sit on your bottom")
Truck ("shruck")
Okay
Owie
Fishy ("ishy")
Horsie ("uh-see")
Bug
Again!! (in the most excited voice imaginable, to Stan when they are playing :) )
Off
On
Hat
Light
Baby
Please ("pssss" or "peeess")
More
Phone ("sone")
Shiny
Button
No
Yes
Outside
Tired
Drink ("dink")
Glasses ("sasses")
Strawberry ("aw-beee")
Cracker
Cookie
Turkey
Triangle (i can't even spell how she pronounces it! :) but it's consistent every time.)
Star
Happy
Uh-oh
Jacket
Warm ("wuhm-wuhm-wuhm!")
Potty
Fan
Open ("uh-pen")
Amen
Pray
Jesus
Hiding
Song
Sing
Why
Nose
Ear
Eye
Tongue
Feet
Play
Rock
Thunder ("nunner")
Girl
Out
Knock
Yogurt (can't spell how she pronounces it :) )
Box
Slide ("side")
Ssshhhh (complete with finger on lips....or on cheek...or up nose. :) )
Gigi
Ga-pa
Nana
Cow
Moo
Pig ("peeeeeg")
Isaac :) :) :)
Bye-bye
Night-night
Diaper
Poopy
Hello ("a-ho!")
Towel
Ducky
Paci (unfortunately :-/)
So (after we sing the last line of Jesus Loves Me "the Bible tells me so," she always says "so.")
Cute
Airplane
Pretty
Fly
Clean
Pillow
Belly


Phrases:
Daaa-daaaa, where are youuuu??
Taaaliiii, where aaarre youuuu??
More please
Up please
I love you ("I-yuh-youuu")
Help please
Yay Tali!
All gone
All finished
Thank you
I sad (she's actually starting to use this accurately sometimes)
I shy
I tired
I drop (when dropping her food on the floor....argh...)
I down (when sitting or lying down)
Hi Mommy
Hi Da-da
I stuck ("I tuck")
I see you

She will also repeat the entire alphabet after me if I catch her at the right moment (one letter at a time).

The other day I was sitting on the couch and she came and pulled my shirt up to see my belly....got down really close to my tummy like she sees Daddy do when he talks to Baby Isaac....and said, "I yuh you!" (I love you). SOOOOO SWEET.

This Wednesday we have court AGAIN. Please pray.... Up till this week it has been looking like we will lose her in the next couple of months, almost certainly.....apart from a miracle, which God is in the business of doing.... :)

Hope you all are well and enjoying your summer!!

2 comments:

Benanda said...

So precious! I will certainly be praying for everything.

Also, as I was reading the list, I thought how funny it would be if you printed out those lists and gave them to Kelly to include in her monthly report. Now that would make for some interesting reading! And certainly show that you know your girl! :)

Dana Butler said...

I forgot a few...
Bunny
Birdie
I don't know!

I know there are more.... I'm sure I'll remember them as soon as I post this comment. :)