Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 9, 2010

It's Been Too Long...(Make sure you read this one all the way to the bottom! :) )

Well, Spring is in the air, and it has been about 3 months too long since I've updated our blog. I am so sorry! Although there is soooooo much I could say, I'll try to give you just a QUICK update to catch you up on our lives for the last few months.

-Hayleigh is doing well in her new foster home. We still have contact with her, see her once a month or so, and she and Tali still really enjoy playing together. It continues to be clear to us that we made the best decision for her, and for our family. It's so fun to see her doing as well as she is.

-Tali is amazing. She's growing and learning so much every day... I have lost track of how many different words she says now. She is 16 months old and absolutely beautiful. I long to be able to post pictures of her on this blog, but for now, I still can't. We're still riding the "roller coaster" that is her case...not knowing for sure what's going to happen.... We have court again this coming Tuesday. We don't anticipate much change in the direction of the case, meaning, it still looks like she will be placed, at SOME point, with her birth mom. Long process, lots and lots of red tape. I, for one, am very tired of "the system." But we keep holding onto Jesus (or rather, He holds onto US), and doing what we have to do, by His grace. He's faithful to keep giving us just enough strength to keep going. We love our little bug so much. I'm thankful that, for a few more months anyway, she's not old enough to fully understand the intensity that swirls around her life...although we do see it taking a toll on her and we continue to ask Jesus to protect her precious little heart.

-Stan and I are doing really well. We're enjoying life with our KC fam at the ROCK, loving Jesus and learning to pursue His Kingdom in day-to-day life. Stan's still working on his aquaponics venture (we have 80-something tilapia in our basement!), which you'll have to ask him about if you talk with him. It's pretty interesting stuff. Still definitely in experiment mode. :) We are of course, still enjoying each other immensely - I can't imagine my life without him as my best friend. God has blessed our lives so much.

-Annnnnd, just in case anyone hasn't heard yet.....our final (and EXCITING!) bit of news:

WE ARE EXPECTING!!! I AM 18 & 1/2 WEEKS ALONG AND WE ARE DUE SEPT. 7!

(And, of course, it goes without saying that I am as goofy as ever. :) )

We are soooooo thankful to Jesus for the gift of this new little one!!! I am loving being able to feel the little kicks and nudges in my belly....and we are counting down the days till we'll find out the baby's gender (c'mon Monday the 19th!!). Woohoo! So excited!!

Hope you all are doing well and enjoying springtime like we are! Pretty soon I'll try to get all our pictures up to date so I can send out a Snapfish email. Blessings to you, our friends!

2 comments:

The Smith Fam in Kansas said...

Your belly pics are sooo cute! We will be praying for you all ... let us know how Tuesday goes. Is the new casworker any better??? We should talk soon and catch up.

Tamra

Unknown said...

Grrrrrreat Java/html work Dana! :-)
Loved the post. You rock!
:-)

-Cam

(Oh and prego pics, yay! Guess what my word verification is for posting this comment? BULGE! Hahahahaa!!)